Boost Production Output With Seamless Packaging Solutions
Depending on your line requirements, you may still want an operator involved with your end-of-line packaging. In these cases, we recommend choosing a semi-automatic case sealer from Hughes Enterprises. We partner with 3M, Combi and Wexxar Bel to offer flexible carton sealing machines tailored to your company’s unique needs.
Each semi-automatic case sealer is built with durability and efficiency in mind. Whether you need a random semi-auto sealer for multiple boxes, or an adjustable model for fixed sizes, we have the right case sealing machine for your packaging line. In fact, we’ve worked with just about every industry imaginable, so even if you have a unique application, we can help.
Ready to get started or have questions about our semi-auto box taper and sealers? Give us a call at (609) 586-7200 or request a quote for a case sealer online now.
Recommended for you:
Enhance Productivity With a Sealing Option That Matches Your Operations Semi-automatic case sealers offer the flexibility and ease of use of automated case sealing systems while adapting to the scale and production speeds of small to mid-sized operations. At Hughes Enterprises, we offer versatile case-sealing solutions that help you maximize production output while saving on labor costs. Look through our dynamic range of Bel and 3M semi-automatic sealers that serve as perfect entries into automation. Discover what’s right for your business.
See them in action
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are semi-automatic case sealers?
Semi-automatic case sealers are types of equipment that contain a sealing mechanism for quickly closing and sealing corrugated boxes. Semi-automatic sealers are considered hybrids of automatic and manual case sealers because they have automated features but require manual intervention from operators. This is due to the fact that operators have to manually fill and load a box at the entrance to the machine and fold the top flaps before it can be sealed by the machine. This makes the semi-automated option is ideal for companies that want to begin automating their systems but whose speed and volume of production do not require full automation.
Q: How fast can a semi-automatic case sealer seal boxes?
The functions of a semi-automatic case sealer are similar to that of an automatic sealer, with the exception of the need for manual intervention for the closing and feeding of boxes. In that regard, they are capable of achieving average processing speeds of up to 40 cartons per minute (CPM). Generally, processing speeds may be lower, depending on how fast cases are fed to the machine. Nevertheless, the integration of semi-automatic case sealers can still elevate production speeds to five times higher or more than manual packing.
Q: What are the main advantages of semi-automatic case sealers?
The integration of semi-automatic case sealers is advantageous for your operation as it is capable of increasing production output drastically while minimizing the cost of labor, as well as other overhead costs. It has numerous advantages, including the following:
- Adjustability: Most machines come with adjustable features to accommodate a wide range of sizes and configurations of boxes being fed. Adjustments can be made to account for boxes with different heights, widths, and types, as well as the type of sealing needed (top, bottom, or both).
- Accuracy: Case sealers are equipped with adjustable rollers to ensure the accuracy of the seal being applied.
- Durability: Semi-automatic case sealers are highly durable, capable of withstanding even the most demanding applications across various operations involving food and non-food products.
- Maintenance: Not many parts are susceptible to wear and tear due to their rigidity and durability. As long as the operating conditions are met, these machines are virtually maintenance-free. Regular maintenance is still recommended to extend its service life.
Q: What are the main features of 3M semi-automatic sealers?
- Durability: 3M semi-automatic sealers are engineered to withstand even the harshest conditions during production. They come with high-quality steel construction and epoxy-coated surfaces. With regular maintenance, 3M machines are capable of functioning for up to 30 years.
- Adjustability: Quick manual adjustments are available to accommodate cartons with variable sizes across different markets. They can be adjusted according to height, width, and sealing configuration to accurately seal cartons from a variety of markets, namely: food and beverage, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, electronics, retail, manufacturing, and distribution centers.
- Ease of Use: Easy to install and operate, the 3M semi-automatic sealers can easily integrate into your current operations to improve productivity. Operators require minimal to operate.
- Speed: Capable of sealing up to 40 cartons per minute (CPM)
- Flexibility: Regardless of your industry, they can be fully integrated into your manufacturing operations with minimal disruptions.
- Automation Level: As semi-automatic case sealers, all sealing functions are fully automated, with the exception of its feeding mechanism, as it requires operator intervention.
Safety Features: Warning labels and safety instructions have been attached to key sections of the equipment to highlight potential risks. Security labels include Electric Warnings, Sharp Knives, Moving Belts, Tape Threading, and Operation Notices.